My most recent accomplishment is learning to free-mount (getting on without holding onto anything). I look forward to the days to come when I can do tricks and learn different techniques.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Learning to Ride My Unicycle
When
I received a unicycle last Christmas I was so excited! I could just imagine
starting a circus with my best friend who also happened to have a unicycle.
After my dad assembled it I tried it out immediately and fell down. After that,
I considered that I should probably watch the riding video. In those first few
days I was trying to ride but without much success. And I also had a major
problem that effected my motivation. When I put my feet on the pedals I didn't
notice how close I put them to the axle. So when I started riding it whacked my
ankles so badly that they started to bleed. I started to practice less and less
until I didn't practice at all! Later, we went out to a coastal town for spring
break and during the time between we stayed at the school center. While we were
there, my friend who had a unicycle wanted to help me in my riding, so he
showed me how to ride easily. I tried and started getting good at it, riding a
few feet more each time for those days until we had to come back home. When we got here I picked up and started
riding and before I knew it, I was riding long distances! That shows me that commitment is an important ingredient for success.
My most recent accomplishment is learning to free-mount (getting on without holding onto anything). I look forward to the days to come when I can do tricks and learn different techniques.
My most recent accomplishment is learning to free-mount (getting on without holding onto anything). I look forward to the days to come when I can do tricks and learn different techniques.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jason, you are the man! Dad, I see you got your GoPro, excited to see some cool shots!
ReplyDeletei tried to ride my sister uni last summer, not so good. I gave up.Good job man, i know how hard they are to learn to ride.
ReplyDeleteIs GoPro a head cam set up?
The GoPro is a tiny little camera for catching action shots. I eBayed some stuff I wasn't using anymore and just bought one.
ReplyDelete